This week our guest is Jonice Webb PhD. She is a renowned psychologist and pioneer in the field of childhood emotional neglect and its negative impact on adult behavior. A licensed psychologist since 1991, she has a private practice in Lexington, MA, specializing in the treatment of couples and families. Over the course of her career, Dr. Webb has worked in a variety of settings, including a psychiatric emergency service, substance abuse programs, and outpatient clinics. Over two decades of practicing psychology, Dr. Webb gradually started to see a factor from childhood which weighs upon people as adults. This factor is extremely subtle. In fact, it’s so difficult to see that it goes virtually unnoticed while it quietly saps a person’s joy in life, causing him or her to struggle with self-discipline, or to feel disconnected and unfulfilled. Dr. Webb gave a name to this invisible factor from childhood. She calls it Emotional Neglect.™” “Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect” reveals the subtle power of this phenomenon.
Some of the topics we will cover with Dr. Webb on Wednesday are:
– The definition of Emotional Neglect
– Why it’s been so overlooked
– Is this a new concept?
– How is EN different from childhood abuse?
– The insidious pass-down of Emotional Neglect throughout generations
– How to stop the cycle, and not pass EN down to your own children
– How EN can play into suicidal feelings
– Should parents feel guilty if they see themselves in this book?
So tune in this Wednesday at 1Pm and find out how to recognize and deal with emotional neglect.